Tape recommendations for window seal

Alex

Hi All, 

I'm looking for recommendations for a good airtight tape for sealing window/door frames (Alu) to ICF (EPS). Seems to be lots of potential options but I was wondering what you guys have used? 

Also how "easy" a job was it? is it worth spending extra to get split backing on the tape to save time/get a better corner detail? any hints/tips/lessons learned? 

Basically after talking to the fitter I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather do the sealing myself mainly to know it's done right! 9_9

Also any recommendations on suppliers to buy from (which I guess will be done of product chosen!) 

Thanks

A.

Here’s a link to a video of the PH15 system.  It shows window installation, including the use of the split tapes, starting at about 22mins 25 secs.  

https://en-gb.facebook.com/phstoreuk/

I hope the link works for you, I don’t have a Facebook account and it seemed to work ok for me.  I found it a really useful, practical and informative video. Better than any others I’ve seen from the timber frame suppliers.

• Like 1

I didn't use split tape, and it wasn't too tricky once you got the knack.  I'd advise running a pencil line down the window frame to work to though. I used a strip of 9mm ply, tapped a couple of small nails through close to the edge and bent them over at right angles so I could slide them down the side of the window frame for a consistent mark.  That gave a pencil line at 10-11mm to tape to, which was covered by the plasterboard in the reveals. And I don't have any leaks round windows:)