Manifold Water distribution using 16mm

Inchbyinch

I guess my point would be that if I go into my merchants and ask for a potable device and it failed in the stated capacity, I'd have recourse against the supplier. 

17 hours ago, PeterStarck said:

Have you gone back five or six years later to check the stainless steel inserts. Do you know what grade of stainless steel they are?

This made quite interesting reading. 

http://www.bssa.org.uk/faq.php?id=9

• 4 months later...

Now I have planning ( and the builders are laying bricks) I am trying to plan "my stuff". From the above can I take it that it would be best if I use leftover barrier pipe from the UFH to connect the ASHP in any sealed system " non vented tanks" also should I use barrier pipe for the 22mm feed and return from the manifold as this is sealed?

No issue with using barrier pipe as long as you can get the fittings to go from 16mm to 22mm or 15mm

Usual problem is they are 2-3 times the price and it negates the cost of the pipe which you can get in large reels at pretty low prices. 

Thanks but my question was " do I need barrier pipe for any part of a sealed system" from what I've read the barrier is in barrier pipe to stop oxygen getting in. So for example the pipes that feed the manifold from the ASHP do they need to be barrier pipe like the pipes in the floor?. Also what other pipes in heating systems or DHW systems should have barrier pipe?.