PedanticBuilder Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Hey all, I'm currently planning the refurb of a 4-bedroom, 4-bathroom property with around 4,446 sq ft of internal space and have put together the attached budget. I'd be interested to get people's thoughts on whether I'm in roughly the right ballpark with this, or whether I've seriously underestimated anything. I'm planning to do a lot of the work myself, so most of the figures are materials only. Anything marked as "subcontractor" is work I'm planning to outsource. The total is currently coming out at £188,490 with no contingency included. I'm particularly interested in how other people approach budgeting for larger refurb projects. Would appreciate any thoughts, especially from anyone who's recently done something similar. Thanks! Hayden
Mr Punter Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Skirtings, architrave, flooring, plumbing, wiring, heating, ventilation. It is a huge house and a massive amount of work. Make sure you have not missed anything and you are not wishful thinking. How long do you think it will take you? 1
Spinny Posted 25 minutes ago Posted 25 minutes ago Think you need contingency regardless, otherwise as soon as some problem comes up you are stuck. I doubt the market will value a half complete project at much more than an unstarted project. How would you phase the work ? If you run out of money what is best - a whole unplastered house, or some rooms complete and others not started ? Are you going to sell it or live there forever ? No Electrics or plumbing ?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now