saveasteading Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago I've come cross adverts for shot-blasting old oak beams. These people seem to ignore that this could be illegal in a listed building, needs planning permission, have structural implications, and it's simply 'a bad thing'. So in case you are interested here is an alternative. Instead of blasting off the black paint and crud, along with a thickness of ancient timber, there is a paint which looks just like the original. Lightens the room up too. I could barely see that it wasn't the original wood even after being told. The cost is a fraction too, as is the disruption. 2
saveasteading Posted 6 hours ago Author Posted 6 hours ago 2 hours ago, Mr Punter said: What is the paint? I can find out. remind me in a week if I have not answered. But from a quick google I think it was this or very similar. A paint for the base then some 'character' added. I'm thinking this because the said they found it with a facebook guide too. Crème De La Crème from the self-priming Lazy Range) Frenchic Browning Wax
saveasteading Posted 6 hours ago Author Posted 6 hours ago Would you credit it? Facebook has been following this and I had an advert about shot-blasting.... no mention of course of listed buildings, AONB, planning or building reg's. But of course they will leave that to the survey, won't they? 1
Roger440 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago Interesting. I had them ice blasted at the last place. Not the mess of blasting, but cheap it wasnt!
Russdl Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago 40 minutes ago, Roger440 said: ice blasted I guess that’s just what it sounds like it is? Never heard of it before.
-rick- Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago 4 minutes ago, Russdl said: I guess that’s just what it sounds like it is? Never heard of it before. Dry ice I think, CO2 not H2O
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now