flanagaj Posted 9 hours ago Posted 9 hours ago I would like to do all aspects of our heating/cooling and DHW installation myself. I've read that I can do this and claim the grant if I use the MCS umbrella scheme. Keen to understand if anyone has gone down this path?
Stu789 Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago I'm interested in this too... FWIW I spoke to a couple of the MCS umbrella companies last month and they only deal with a trading plumber not a self-builder so they basically said "get the plumber you want to work with to call us" 1
MikeSharp01 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago We did it via Cool Energy. It worked well for us overall. The only issue is controlling their heat pump via modbus. The service was great. 1
flanagaj Posted just now Author Posted just now 2 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said: We did it via Cool Energy. It worked well for us overall. The only issue is controlling their heat pump via modbus. The service was great. Are you a plumber @MikeSharp01. Just trying to understand your background. I'm hoping that so long as you can show you have done detailed heat loss calculations and have a detailed schematic showing the proposed installation, it will show you have a good understanding of what needs to be done and you can hopefully do the work under the scheme.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now