Alwayslearning22 Posted 20 hours ago Author Posted 20 hours ago 16 minutes ago, MPH243 said: You are not dumb, you got this far. @Nickfromwales was meaning loosen the nut against the tap a little this will allow it to spin, Then if you have the spanner handles close to each other so when doing up they close up the gap(kep fingers out of the gap it can hurt if it slips😂). You should not turn the pipe, then tighten nut to tap. Did the tap and all pipe work spin under the floor? As nick said get this connected and see if the other leaks. I tried that I got it as tight as I can get it. by god it was hard to do for some reason. It’s not leaking at the moment. Just seems alien to me that the olive isint compressed into the pipe. yes the pipe work did spin under the floor multiple times believe it or not when I was trying to tighten the nut. I assume this is bad?
MPH243 Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago The brass that the olive is trying to compress into is harder than the olive so won't deform, it's normal. It may have a joint under the floor that is designed to spin hopefully. You will just have to keep checking for leaks. Is this a concrete or wood floor, if wood can you take any up to check it?
Alwayslearning22 Posted 20 hours ago Author Posted 20 hours ago 19 minutes ago, MPH243 said: The brass that the olive is trying to compress into is harder than the olive so won't deform, it's normal. It may have a joint under the floor that is designed to spin hopefully. You will just have to keep checking for leaks. Is this a concrete or wood floor, if wood can you take any up to check it? No it’s osb decked. It’s all in press fit. If that makes any difference? I haven’t noticed any leaks yet or random booster pump cycling.
Nickfromwales Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago 9 hours ago, Alwayslearning22 said: No it’s osb decked. It’s all in press fit. If that makes any difference? I haven’t noticed any leaks yet or random booster pump cycling. 1st floor or ground floor? @SimonD can press-fit elbows spin? Who else uses these? Anyone?
Alwayslearning22 Posted 8 hours ago Author Posted 8 hours ago 13 hours ago, Nickfromwales said: Not sure as I "don't do pressfit"..... The two nuts can be pulled towards each other and the pipework below can be kept 'still', if you connect the flexi only a few turns hand tight onto the bath tap first, then finish tightening, and then go back to do the final tighten on the bath connector last. You can balance how much you pull on each spanner until tight, without transferring any rotational force 'down below'. The answer to the question "have I fecked it?", will be answered when the pump kicks in fella. Just suck it up and whack it on, the worst thing that can happen is in that link. Crack on That’s it now as right as I can get it with reasonable sized spanner’s. It’s came to a hard stop. The olive still can slide off the pipe when I reopen the joint to check. This is expected with brass? So won’t blow off on me? Thanks
Alwayslearning22 Posted 8 hours ago Author Posted 8 hours ago 1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said: 1st floor or ground floor? @SimonD can press-fit elbows spin? Who else uses these? Anyone? First floor
SimonD Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago 3 hours ago, Nickfromwales said: 1st floor or ground floor? @SimonD can press-fit elbows spin? Who else uses these? Anyone? The press-fit I can see earlier in this thread are MLCP - and yes, the pipe can spin in these fittings. If any of it is copper press-fit then no, but there are times when brass press-fit level ball valves can 'wobble' on the copper pipe they're pressed onto (it's a bit nerve wrecking but fine). 1
Nickfromwales Posted 6 hours ago Posted 6 hours ago 37 minutes ago, SimonD said: The press-fit I can see earlier in this thread are MLCP - and yes, the pipe can spin in these fittings. If any of it is copper press-fit then no, but there are times when brass press-fit level ball valves can 'wobble' on the copper pipe they're pressed onto (it's a bit nerve wrecking but fine). Cheers 🤝👍🫡
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now