Katzbeck window suppliers uk

Tim-e

Katzbeck was one that I got a quote from.

Others were Internorm, Rationel,. Russel Timbertech, Nordan and a local supplier Treecraft.

For me, Rationel were the cheapest and second best by a very small margin. Only Internorm offered slightly better Uw values but were twice the price of Rationel. 

There was at least one other supplier who's name I forget that others here have used, but they only do supply and fit, and they didn't cover Scotland.

Checkout Gaulhofer as they have passivehaus standard windows and are pretty straightforward.

If you're not going after the passivehaus certification, I recommend you calculate your heat losses attributed to your windows and take a serious think if the higher quality glass will play itself off.

Example: U-value range for Gaulhofer's Inline rage is 0.91 to 0.67. The difference in these U-values equated to about 1000kWh of additional heat los a year. Using Gas at about 0.03 £/kWh, that's a difference of £30/yr. Depending on the price difference, you may not make the savings on your ultra low U-value windows within the scope of your lifetime...