Aberdeenshire self build

Gaum

Hi, I'm Mike and I've just started a self-build in Aberdeenshire. I work full time in the city and go home at the weekends and the plan is that once the house is built we’ll sell up back home and move through here. It's been over a year in the design and planning (nothing fantastic just a 3 bed timber frame bungalow with attic trusses) but finally things are moving with foundations almost complete (if the weather will let us).

I was following and searching the ebuild forum and it's a shame to see it close down. Mind you a quick scan of the members on here leads me to think that the experience has migrated to this forum and I’m sure I’ll be seeking advice in a number of areas as this is a whole new experience for me.

Looking forward to asking questions hopefully rewarded with advice, and sharing experiences, once I have some. 

• Like 1

Hi Thanks for the welcome. I'm from Elgin and the build is south of Mintlaw in Ardallie.  

Its just luck that I found you all as I normally browse from my phone and I went on my laptop today to read anything on installing a treatment plant and saw the header saying ebuild was closing down. Then I followed a link from Peterstarks blog and here I am. 

54 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Feel free to start asking questions about treatment plants etc.

Thanks ProDave I will but I'll post it in the waste section. If that's what I'm supposed to do? Not only new to building but new to using forums as well!

54 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Did you know my friend The Fochabers Framer before he retired?

Hi Ferdinand. Nope don't think I do. You had me thinking for a while though as I thought you said Farmer :)