how to adjust a window that has slipped off 90degrees in its frame

AndyG

hi

I have a big set of wooden double-glazed windows (fitted new in 2017) and the opening part of the window has slipped about 2cm (see photo) and so it no longer closes. If this were an IKEA cupboard door I would know which little screw to tighten to bring the door/window back up... but it's a bit more complicated. 

Could someone tell me if the 12 (14?) point star screw is what I need to turn to adjust the hang of the window ? And if not... any ideas how I can do it? (The window has 2 hinges, top and bottom is 300cm high)

I can't find a brand name for the windows and the builder who fitted them is no longer around.

Many thanks in advance

IMG_8995.JPG

IMG_8985.JPG

IMG_8986.JPG

IMG_8991.JPG

Edited by AndyG

Has the hinge moved or is it the plastic frame that has gone out of square? Is the hinge side still vertical/parallel to the frame? If so then you don’t adjust the hinges, you “push” the frame back into square by packing the glazing unit.

24 minutes ago, markc said:

Has the hinge moved or is it the plastic frame that has gone out of square? Is the hinge side still vertical/parallel to the frame? If so then you don’t adjust the hinges, you “push” the frame back into square by packing the glazing unit.

Thanks for the quick reply Mark.

The hinge is still straight.

In fact now I look at it again to answer you question I see that the whole glazing unit can be moved back and forward about 5mm along the line of the frame... so left to right in this photo. So when I push it left, my 2cm slip at the bottom probably disappears... but it wants to hang right.

Does that change your answer at all? If not, do I need professional help>? Because I don't know what "packing a glazing unit" involves! ;)

IMG_8985.JPG

A more zoomed out photo showing the whole window and how it fits the frame all round is needed to answer if it is the hinge that has slipped or the glass within the window frame that has slipped.