Do it myself or pay some one?

valmet10

should I apply for my permitted development  myself or pay some one to

since I'm just going for change of use to start who would be best to use how do I find the best for job and what would I be looking at cost wise

sorry about question I know nothing about planning /building regs 

Pay someone. 

May may sound as simple as filling a form in but there will be tips and tricks I'd imagine. I've seen applications filled in where the right boxes are ticked to make a scheme appear to have the least impact.

alternativley research and DIY but be sure to learn all the tricks

I did my own planning application (and own design and drawings).

I spent a lot of time looking at planning applications online on the council website. This gives you a good idea of what needs to be in the application and also what sort of things the planner may or may not allow. It's a good use of time, IMHO, as you may pick up some ideas and learn from others' mistakes.

10 hours ago, valmet10 said:

should I apply for my permitted development  myself or pay some one to

The answer depends on the amount of time you have spare.

Crofter (above) makes a really important point. The process sucks time out of your life like almost nothing else. Your LPA website will have many examples of the process and the outcome. And the will be many local planning agents who will give you half an hour free advice. Go to three and you'll have an hour and a half's free advice. 

Read widely, network widely, and maybe spend the money saved on the build.

I spent 1k£ on a planning consultant when we went to committee after a refusal and it was the biggest waste of money so far, I have done two appeals to the Secretary of State myself and they are not difficult.

All I can say is that I did pretty much exactly what Crofter did.  It saved money, but there was a significant investment in time, studying past planning applications and reading all the planning policy and guidance .  The latter was the hardest bit, as there were loads of cross references to other documents, so I had to keep changing to a different document part way through a sentence in order to understand it.

When looking at applications on line, look at who submitted it.  Around here there is one planning consultant/architectural technician who seems to get almost all his applications through at the first attempt.  If I was looking to use a planning consultant he's the chap I'd choose.  The same may well be true in other areas, too.