New build sign off

Pocster

46 minutes ago, ProDave said:

EIC Electrical Installation Certificate, AND Part P sign off by electrician who is a member of a competent persons scheme.  

My sparky did all the main install ( I just ran cables which were left exposed so he could see ) . Therefore the part P isn’t going to be an issue . It’s a seperate form from eicr though yes ? I.e bco will need these 2 - they aren’t going to ask for anything else ? 
What about smoke alarms ? Seperate sign off ??

Edited by Pocster

You shouldn't need an EICR for a "new install". You do need the EIC under BS7671 which has the same schedule of tests attached as in an EIC. You'll obviously have the EIC from back when the new board went in. 

You'll need a Fire Alarm Certificate to BS5839. The fixed wiring and testing thereof to the fire alarm comes under 7671.

Of course...over the course of a long drawn out build, COVID etc you may have lost touch with your electrician and the bco might well accept an EICR...

😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Onoff said:

You shouldn't need an EICR for a "new install". You do need the EIC under BS7671 which has the same schedule of tests attached as in an EIC. You'll obviously have the EIC from back when the new board went in. 

You'll need a Fire Alarm Certificate to BS5839. The fixed wiring and testing thereof to the fire alarm comes under 7671.

Of course...over the course of a long drawn out build, COVID etc you may have lost touch with your electrician and the bco might well accept an EICR...

😉

My bco won’t give a flying (expletive deleted) as long as he gets some “electrical sign off “ paperwork . It’s not been a long drawn out build at all ! . It’s been a joyous spurt into diy methodologies and implementations .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pocster said:

My bco won’t give a flying (expletive deleted) as long as he gets some “electrical sign off “ paperwork . It’s not been a long drawn out build at all ! . It’s been a joyous spurt into diy methodologies and implementations .

It has been a long drawn out build 🤣

1 minute ago, Pocster said:

It has been a long drawn out build 🤣

Id like to say @ProDave ! - trying to take longer than me is futile ! . I’ve got 2 yrs of work left I.e 4 yrs min . So just finish and let me win something !

Edited by Pocster

14 minutes ago, Pocster said:

Id like to say @ProDave ! - trying to take longer than me is futile ! . I’ve got 2 yrs of work left I.e 4 yrs min . So just finish and let me win something !

I HAVE "finished" and have BCO completion.  But I am now just doing the ongoing things, presently erecting a fence, in between the gales and rain.

23 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I HAVE "finished" and have BCO completion.  But I am now just doing the ongoing things, presently erecting a fence, in between the gales and rain.

So you concede- I am the winner !!?????

1 minute ago, jaymd_123 said:

Don't let them in the basement

The problem here is I want to post a pic . When I google “ sex dungeon photos “ - I think pretty much any of the ‘suggestions’ would get me banned … 🌈

1 minute ago, Pocster said:

The problem here is I want to post a pic . When I google “ sex dungeon photos “ - I think pretty much any of the ‘suggestions’ would get me banned … 🌈

12.3k post history... Still worth it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jaymd_123 said:

12.3k post history... Still worth it

I agree . But I’m paid via this forum for content . Without me this forum would have folded years ago . Care to join me on the dark web ?

• Haha 1