A ladder or a scaffold?

4 minutes ago, JohnBishop said:

while on the scaffold I would have to leave the jetpack on idle in case of an emergency.

Fine.

Just don't bend over backwards from your knees.

Solved.

Your other option is to get one that is inside a bouncy castle.

My more serious comments are:

1 - I have a Zarges Reachmaster, which is a touch more expensive than yours but probably more convenient. Recommended, and very portable. Mine has corner braces.

2 - I bought it from the Buildhub Marketplace. Try putting a request there. Someone may be all scaffold-towered out, or have finished the bits they need it for.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bonner said:

Sorry thought you were talking about the MiTower, that is about 5x the weight (and the price!). I agree, would hesitate to use something that light.

I found another one used for almost £500 but it's
First 5 Presto Basic
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/first-5-presto-diy-aluminium-tower/
and the extension pack worth a grand in total but again this is a lightweight tower same as the previous.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/first-5-presto-diy-aluminium-tower-extension-p/
I think all these DIY aluminium ones are like that.

16 hours ago, Bonner said:

I agree, would hesitate to use something that light.

I have a 7 metre one of this type and its fine - that is if you dont mind that it wobbles and sways a fair bit especially at the top. I have been using it for cladding and it does the job and supports both me and the missus lower down!

• Thanks 1

The difference between DIY and professional towers is like chalk and cheese. Don’t get me wrong, I was going to get a DIY one but the trades wouldn’t have worked off it. I think someone on here said they sold their’s for the same as they paid second hand, so I bought a professional tower. Trouble is, I don’t want to sell it …

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markharro said:

I have a 7 metre one of this type and its fine - that is if you dont mind that it wobbles and sways a fair bit especially at the top. I have been using it for cladding and it does the job and supports both me and the missus lower down!

I will be working at 4m so not that high but I can get this 7m one in the price of 5m scaffold tower. I think the wobble, sway is expected at 5-7 meters but this 7m type has bigger outriggers so it won't topple.

On 05/09/2024 at 08:52, Bonner said:

The difference between DIY and professional towers is like chalk and cheese. Don’t get me wrong, I was going to get a DIY one but the trades wouldn’t have worked off it. I think someone on here said they sold their’s for the same as they paid second hand, so I bought a professional tower. Trouble is, I don’t want to sell it …

I agree the trades want a proper scaffold as they supposed to work like ants and not to think about keeping balance. On the other hand DIY people have all the time in the world! :)

1 hour ago, JohnBishop said:

Youngman scaffold towers?

they are the biggest name. The sections are robust and durable, and snap together well.  The price is highish accordingly.

If you hire a tower it is very likely to be Youngmans.

• Thanks 1