Planning department for new gate

DannyT

Afternoon.

Quick back story first.

Purchased a plot with planning permission in perpetuity. Strip foundations are in but warrant has now expired. Looking to redesign with architect and go through the correct application processes. This will be a while off though.

In the mean time the gate needs replacing along with 2 posts and I want to put some stone down to drive onto for when I go and maintain the plot.

Emailed local planning and they said I should send the correct form and fee to see if I need permission to carry out the work.

Surely not?

Whats your thoughts?

Im thinking of just cracking on as it’s improving the access and securing the site.

Some photos below.

Thank you

Dan

CC2765BF-712F-42B4-B144-F61915347040.jpeg

402DC101-E2D4-44C3-B0F8-9C81913C088D.jpeg

If it has planning that is locked in because the development is clearly "started" then just go ahead and create the entrance using the details on the plans that are already approved.

THEN think about a new planning application, knowing you can still fall back on the existing "started" application if that is refused.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BotusBuild said:

From the second photo, it would seem you are replacing an existing gate.

JFDI 😁

Yes and then to get some stone down in the entrance to park on.

It would all be coming back out when building eventually starts.

I can just imagine the neighbours at the sight of a mini digger questioning if the correct permissions are in place, despite it having nothing to do with the build. More like maintenance work.

I think I’ll just crack on and do it.

Just wondered if others would do the same 👍🏻

Thank you

12 minutes ago, ProDave said:

If it has planning that is locked in because the development is clearly "started" then just go ahead and create the entrance using the details on the plans that are already approved.

THEN think about a new planning application, knowing you can still fall back on the existing "started" application if that is refused.

That was kind of the plan. However the current planning has an expired building warrant so theoretically not supposed to start any “building work” until it has been renewed. 
I see it as more maintenance. But I’m a common sense kind of guy and most planning officers are not!

1 minute ago, ToughButterCup said:

Just Bloody Do It.

+1001

BC are not interested in that.  We formed the entrance, got services connected and the static caravan on site before we even started on the building warrant.

• Like 1

On our site we put some scalps down by the existing gate, otherwise it would turn into a quagmire when parking there.

Checked with CIL people first as although we have OPP for the plot we can't start anything until full PP in place.  They were happy with this.

The OPP included moving entrance to site.  Also checked with planning department and they were happy for us to do this.

• Like 1