Conduit help.

I wonder if I could ask for some advice?

I am running a 2.5mm t&e from a socket in the hall along and through a wall into the garage up a wall into the loft space across and then to a consumer unit.

As it goes through the wall in the garage I was going to put a conduit end box with rear outlet then a length of conduit up the garage wall to reach the loft space.

I'm trying to figure all the bits I will need for the conduit. Obviously a length of conduit, galvanised as in garage?, end box with rear outlet, cover, saddles and clips.

Any help appreciated.

Steve.

If you start talking galvanised conduit, then you need a die and cutting compound to thread the ends.  Never worth it for a one off job.  Use PVC instead.

I question the circuit design, it sounds like spurring from and existing socket to then feed a CU in the garage.  The total load will be very limited, and a real chance of overloading the 2.5 t&e.  A spur like that is allowed to feed one socket, that will be limited in current by the plug(s) plugged into it, not for feeding a CU for multiple circuits.

Look to get a feed from the main house CU in proper sized cable for this.

Stephen,

Is there a simpler way of just taking a spur from an existing socket? Or inserting the new socket in an existing ring ( this should be done by qualified electrician, but your suggested solution will also require qual. leccy as well)

20 hours ago, BotusBuild said:

Stephen,

Is there a simpler way of just taking a spur from an existing socket? Or inserting the new socket in an existing ring ( this should be done by qualified electrician, but your suggested solution will also require qual. leccy as well)

No, the way I'm thinking of doing it is the simplest. Thanks.

Steve.