Build cost

Being as we are getting pressed by our buyers to vacate our previous build I’ve started going through our spreadsheets Though at one stage it seamed pretty pointless with materials costs rising weekly 

420m2 We set out expecting to spend 350k Though I didn’t intend doing so much of the foundation work myself this time 

We have spent 305k But still have the oak stairs to pay for and tiles for one of the four bathrooms workshop d door and s door and all the landscaping and drive 

I’ve fitted the German kitchen and templates for quarts have been done today 

First job in the morning is to tell them to hang fire as I’ve fitted a run of units in the wrong place 😁

We have about 37 k to come back in vat 

we’ve followed and improved on our previous build 

Mostly German and Italian brands 

I we’ve both  managed to carryon working full time plus 30 hours per week on the build But have spent far more time shopping around for materials 

Like last time We will post a spreadsheet showing a breakdown 

• Like 3

I think I’ll come in at around £1000 a meter maybe a little over with the landscaping and drive way,  but I’ve done most of the build myself.

like Nod that’s including a German kitchen and other quality stuff, so it is doable but bloody hard work 

It seems that most folk expect a build done by a builder for a client will come in circa £3.5k. 

It’s tempting to infer from the above that materials cost is around 25% to 30% of the build cost, vs 70% to 75% of the build cost being labour.  

Staggering!