My restricted water supply ...

A couple of days ago my mains water volume fell by about 3/4.

This is a piccie inside my meter hole.

I think it means the supplier thinks there is a problem with the account. I'm not aware, but given recent illnesses I would not be surprised.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

F
image.thumb.png.dc647ea1fb4e46830f566668e1d40d1a.png

Neighbours pressure OK?  Perhaps check the water co website. In our area we get regular water main failures. They have to bridge the fault with hoses until they can fix it, meanwhile we get somewhat reduced pressure. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Conor said:

You don't have a meter, unless it's somewhere else?

Thank-you all for the replies.

Up until recently, I read it by looking down that hole with a phone camera, which is immediately on the threshold of my drive entrance. I may even have a piccie from a couple of years ago.

Nothing else has been fitted to my knowledge, so they are getting the readings from somewhere. Is it perhaps a remote sensing / reporting unit?

I'm not aware of anything else being fitted, and I've lived here for 10+ years now.

However, my water is now back at full pressure, so I have no idea what happened. Interruptions here are very, very rare. I think I may have had one unscheduled interruption in a decade.

Out looking at manholes this morning I found one dating from our very first cable tv / internet installation, by Diamond Cable going back to the mid-1990s. Call me Jeremy - I have spared you the 5000x3000 images.

image.png.b77f3d783641f00dfe453d150c12f52b.png
image.thumb.png.c93ee68cc40559e8644044a320727d13.png

That’s bonkers, your meter going missing, I would contact your water co and ask why your meter is missing (it’s theirs not yours) and how are you/them supposed to measure your water usage (before they start sending you stupid bills).

At one point we had two water meters. 

We had a water meter already, inside our boundary fence. Other properties didn't as our plot was originally part of a bigger small holding.

They wrote to everyone including us saying they would be fitting meters. We wrote and said we already have one. I came home and found they'd fitted another at the roadside. It got very confusing bill wise.

Any way, the original meter:

SAM_0954

Then after me having got them to remove it. Looks very similar to what you have now:

20161029_111517