New flat roof - holding water (5 days since rain)

JoshB

Hi, 

Ive just had a rubber flat roof fitted. No issues with my old flat, it had just been down 20+ years. 

It’s been down around 3 weeks. We had pretty heavy rain on Friday and there is still a puddle in the centre of the roof today. (Wednesday) 

is this an issue?  Looking up there it looks like it will struggle to drain either side and will only go if it evaporates. IMG_9783.thumb.jpeg.55a11d6052ef620dec617a840c133679.jpeg

IMG_9784.jpeg

Pooling water isn’t ideal and on the long list of reasons why flat roofs fail that’s one of them. I assume the roof has a fall but is sagging at this point.  What’s the underbuild? Did the roofers install this or was the new membrane installed over the existing underbuild? Can you easily get to it from the inside? 

How does it interface with the upstand at the pitched roof? 

Edited by Kelvin

6 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

what did you pay for ?

strip the whole lot off, new firring strips, new osb etc or just an overboard ?

pay cheap pay twice.

They said on quote that everything would be stripped. We had an old felt one before. Didn’t go cheap by any means, was a 3 grand job. 

40 minutes ago, JoshB said:

They said on quote that everything would be stripped. We had an old felt one before. Didn’t go cheap by any means, was a 3 grand job. 

You need to get them back to sort then. 

• Like 1

I know your pain, happened to me when my membrane was replaced and the roofer just replaced membrane without checking falls etc. I was told that it's not a problem per se but I do have a minor leak now it seems so I will look to replace again and get the job properly.

IMG_4701.thumb.jpg.61280b79402c1313084bdea02f08d097.jpg

Edited by steveoelliott

1 hour ago, steveoelliott said:

I know your pain, happened to me when my membrane was replaced and the roofer just replaced membrane without checking falls etc. I was told that it's not a problem per se but I do have a minor leak now it seems so I will look to replace again and get the job properly.

IMG_4701.thumb.jpg.61280b79402c1313084bdea02f08d097.jpg

Sadly this is commonplace and the combination of flat roof and parapet wall is particularly prone to failure.