Direct waste connection to main drainage

Annker

Looking for some design feedback.

I have serval waste connections to make at ground floor level. Kitchen sink, disk washer and washer machine.

Previously (many years ago) I would have just ran the 40mm waste through the external wall at high level (~1m) and then connected to the main 110mm drain run via a gully trap.

I understand this arrangement is currently considered old school but regardless it is not suitable on this current job as I cannot have external surface fixed pipe work at this location.

Reading previous topic I have came up with the design below.

I'd appreciate if anyone can critique or suggest improvements.

TIA.

image.thumb.png.84bd38b0f068a5a456009771fb6fb0b0.png

You need to bring the 110mm pipe up to the floor level with a 90⁰ long sweep rest bend. I section chamber on the outside where it connects to the main runn for rodding, rather than a rodding point on the inside.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Conor said:

You need to bring the 110mm pipe up to the floor level with a 90⁰ long sweep rest bend. I section chamber on the outside where it connects to the main runn for rodding, rather than a rodding point on the inside.

I suppose that helps that rodding and resulting wastes is outside the building.

+1 We just brought 110mm up through the floor under the kitchen sink and used a rubber (?) adaptor down to 40 or 50mm. We have inspection chambers on all 110mm junctions outside.

I think all other rooms such as the downstairs WC have 110mm stub stack with AAV

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joe90 said:

Or like I did…(sorry about the CAD {crayon assisted drawing}.

3 hours ago, dpmiller said:

^ back entry gully trap for the win.

From reading here I know some people are fans of BIGT.

Perhaps I don't fully understand their function but doesn't the BIGT still have to connect to the main drainage run via an Inspection chamber? 

I understand the BIGT provides a trap but is it not easier to provide the trap internal of the sink waste?

34 minutes ago, Annker said:

is it not easier to provide the trap internal of the sink waste?

I still had internal traps and the external one makes a good grease trap.

• Like 1