How many days to tile?

@nod and others, I was hoping to sanity check how many days of effort I should expect a single tiler to take tiling three bathrooms and a toilet. Shower areas are pre tanked with Aquaseal and shower trays are fitted. Walls are tiled up to about 1200mm and that's just into the bottom of one window per room with a tiled cill. Bog standard 6" x 6" tiles. There's a bit of boxing out which is ready to be tiled. The floors have underfloor heating, so decoupling mats to be fitted too by the tiler.

image.png.fb1a692bec5cc44f90c7ee5e7c3b6491.png

all measurements m2 or m.

A rough idea of how long this will take would be really helpful

735E8926-AE34-410F-9328-E31085190F4F.thumb.jpeg.60f3597a1af0055577f50a3a9dc64099.jpegA normal 30m2 bathroom should take a tiler three days start to finish and then the floors Usally all three in a day 

Half a day prep work half a day grouting 

I’ve just tiled three out of four of our bathrooms A bit less than three days each While I’ve been tiling for forty plus years I don’t to much tiling these days But like with other things I refuse to have the lads that work for me do anything at our SELF build 

I’ve started laying the porcelain planks on the GF and I’m getting about 25-30m down pair day I’m 62 So you can imagine how quick the younger guys are 

The guys that work for me are site guys and are very good and extremely quick I pay £22 m2 for floors 

So they need to hit the ground running everyday 

• Like 2

Thanks @nod !

So it's sounding like the 3 bathrooms should take the tiler 12 days total (3 days per room for walls and then 3 days for all floors)? Or was it 9 days total including prep and grouting?

I've been quoted £52/m2 for bathrooms to include adhesive and grout and then £12/m on top of that for laying decoupling mat (inc adhesive but ex mat itself). That's a lot more than I had expected and so I was wondering if I was underestimating the time it would take. The rooms aren't complex (i.e. no alcoves).

8 hours ago, nod said:

I’ve started laying the porcelain planks on the GF and I’m getting about 25-30m down pair day

Looks fantastic. 25 - 30m2 per day at £22/m2 is really good money ~£600/day, but I guess that doesn't include the prep work.

I see yellow decoupling mat. Is that Durabase or Nassboard?

42 minutes ago, MortarThePoint said:

Thanks @nod !

So it's sounding like the 3 bathrooms should take the tiler 12 days total (3 days per room for walls and then 3 days for all floors)? Or was it 9 days total including prep and grouting?

I've been quoted £52/m2 for bathrooms to include adhesive and grout and then £12/m on top of that for laying decoupling mat (inc adhesive but ex mat itself). That's a lot more than I had expected and so I was wondering if I was underestimating the time it would take. The rooms aren't complex (i.e. no alcoves).

Looks fantastic. 25 - 30m2 per day at £22/m2 is really good money ~£600/day, but I guess that doesn't include the prep work.

I see yellow decoupling mat. Is that Durabase or Nassboard?

I hadn’t seen your chart 

Two days should clear all the walls 

A day for the floors and a day for grouting and polishing 

Tilers can earn good money ex specially on commercial work Where floors can be 1000s m2 and several days without getting a tile cutter out 

But everything has to be perfect With heavy machinery or cars going on there 

As a tiling contractor I never see the prices being quotes on here Even for large format tiles 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nod said:

Two days should clear all the walls 

2 days for the walls of one room, or 2 days do do the walls of all three rooms? If the latter, that's about 2+1+1=4days total to do all three bathrooms.

I had 3 large bathrooms done, took about a week, 4 full days and early finish on Friday. 6” tiles are very small these days, it shouldn’t make much difference to installation cost.

3 days per bathroom here. And 7 days to do 145mGF. That was a tiler and his labourer. The bathrooms had a lot of cuts as we had a few alcoves. That included all floor prep. Ditra mat downstairs. Also included in that was a large feature wall tile and half tiled utility room. Work is top quality. Best vfm and quality out of any trade I used. 

• Like 1