Mains water pipe capacity

Navman

I have found It impossible to find even a rough answer to the following question, I'm hoping someone can give me a educated answer or have previous experience.

Our property was built in 2007, 3bed, the mains water pipe comes from a main on the edge of a village 550 metres away. The pipe travels level for 400 metre them drops down a mild hill the last 150 metres to the house.
The pipe is a 50mm pipe all the way then reduces to 32mm for the last 20metres, then connects to to normal 15mm pipe to the house water system.

My question is does this pipe have the capacity to serve 5 additional 4 bed homes if all homes were tapped into the end of 50mm pipe with 32mm or 25mm pipes. If not how many homes would be achievable? Or would the pipe need to be bigger?

Any educated answer/ guesses would be highly thanked as I am unable to anything remotely helpful googling it.
Yes I could ask the water board, but they want plans and money and I'm just brain storming the possibility of 5 self build plots or is it a none starter.
Navman

They want a few hundred quid, I know I need around 2.6 litres a second flow rate to feed 6 4 bed homes but I do know/ can't find or work out if a 50mm over 550m gives me that. Ideally I would put in a 90mm pipe but the easements and cost of laying it are considerable. I think I will dig out the easement agreement on the first 150m that's not in our ownership and see if I can dig it up again without paying them again. Still going to cost 20k I haven't currently got. I was hoping 50mm would serve them.

Edited by Navman

Sorry I don't know either, the water company have to provide a minimum of 1 bar at the main but probably less than that at the end of 550m, the current and further houses would be about 30m below the level of the main, I don't know if the gravity would increase flow or pressure. Iv looked at the easement agreement And I can replace the water pipe without paying again, but the though of laying a 90mm pipe gives me nightmares.

6 minutes ago, Navman said:

the though of laying a 90mm pipe gives me nightmares.

?. But the thought of 5 plots for sale is giving you greasy palms ?. You've got to speculate to accumulate eh? ?

Work out the cost vs return and if the numbers add up go get your shovel out and start digging !

Oh, and welcome :)

The site has been removed from the green belt as part of wider development allocations, I think I will be digging and wrestling water pipe this winter again. A 90mm water pipe is much cheaper than I expected £3000 for th pipe then £1000 for a 6 ton excavator and telehandler for a week, electro fusion and new connection £1500. I think better to have over supply the worrying about.Thanks for the input.

Edited by Navman