Hello from Munich

Hello,

Ross here, based in Munich but planning on building a house in the Trossachs for retirement.  Not sure how much of the work I'll do personally,  but from what I've read so far, the forum seems to contain a wealth of experience and advice.  Seems like a great community with a really positive spirit...and I guess you need that attitude if you ever want to get to the end of a self build project of any nature.

Looking forward to learning from you all.

Ross.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, still learning my way around the site - but starting with the discussions on heating systems.  We plan ASHP, and planning permissions allowing will have PV and battery storage on a garage/car port.  

Planning permission was just granted, but on a historical application without the garage.  Hopefully we can get that allowed on a 'non-material change' ruling.    

Hi and welcome

Just incase you aren't aware, you still have to go through the warrant process, before you start any real work. 

Thanks John, appreciate the heads up.  Planning permission had lapsed but we were able to get the previous warrant approval  extended in February while we awaited renewal of planning permission.  Might be the best £100 we’ll ever spend on this project.  😊

Planning permission was approved this week, so we should be going to groundwork as soon as the weather backlog has cleared.  I hear that the winter was pretty wet this year, and that all outside trades are backlogged by 6-8 weeks.   Good period for us to finalise detailed planning, like airtightness approach, and desired degree of ’passivity’.