Glazing Bars Inserts

Rationel 3G window with centre bar

Centtre_bar.thumb.jpg.b0f5ce2fb8819dcb2f5a7d3501a146ff.jpg

The only way you can tell it is one pane, is in the corners, the filler bars bend round the corner.  The centre bar just butts up to the others.

Ok, so I'm completely ignoring the OP question here to ask another question.  Why have a centre bar if its not required to open the window?  A planning restriction?

The window above does not need to have a centre bar, so why not have a single pane across the whole window with less visual obstruction?

I ask because on the first floor of our build we have non-opening windows with a centre bar and my darling wife is complaining that they obstruct the view (of her church, which is a big thing here in Northern Ireland 🙄)

Edited by Mr Blobby

10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Ok, so I'm completely ignoring the OP question here to ask another question.  Why have a centre bar if its not required to open the window?  A planning restriction?

The window above does not need to have a centre bar, so why not have a single pane across the whole window with less visual obstruction?

Local planning restriction "windows should have a vertical form"  Most of our windows were 2 panes side by side, but this one smaller window we thought it a good idea to split it with the centre bar to make it in keeping with the others.  

No technical reason whatsoever.

• Thanks 1

I've got it because replacement windows had to look like Crittall.  Planning requirement, rightly required as it is aesthetically correct.

Nobody notices that they are dummies.

There aren't any on the inside though, which reduces fiddly cleaning.

I was nervous that they might fall off as they are fixed with dsst. After about 8 years there have been no problems.