Re-using electric cables - what to consider?

Bobnjudi

We have started the demolition of our bungalow, and are now taking out the electric cables which appear to be in very good condition. We are wondering if any of it could be re-used in our new build passive haus. How advisable/possible is it reuse? Does anybody have any advice on this? The bungalow was built in 1983. Thank you

Scrap them.... and spend the money on new !

It seems false economy but they are old colours and you have no idea where any breaks or damage has occurred during stripping.

I can't see any reason to keep it - sorry !

Check ebay.

I am not sure what rhe market is now, but not long after part P was introduced, people on ebay would pay a premium for old coloured cable.

I tried it once, anything over 5 metres I listed on ebay and sold several lengths. All sold for MORE than the cost of new cable from a wholesaler.

I would never re use them because of the old colours, but there are plenty that will so they can claim their alteration was done before part P came into force.

I have given up  collecting scrap cable to weigh in since the price of copper fell. I only got £25 for the last lot, barely worth the petrol to get to the scrap yard.