Uneven Floorboard - Advice

richo106

Hi All

Another random issue if anybody could offer some advice. Where my 22mm T&G floorboards change direction there is slight lip and as this is on the middle of the landing where it is going to be carpeted I am concerned that you will feel it under foot and eventually show through the carpet 

What would be the best way just to take the lip off it slope it on so it wouldn’t be so noticeable?

I completely forgot about this and have now started painting so any ideas that wouldn’t be ridiculously dusty would be preferable…not sure if there is any!

Many Thanks

IMG_4638.jpeg

A change of direction in the middle of a "room" is a bad idea.  Some makes of T&G panel have a slightly different profile to the side and end t&g profile meaing they will never line up dead level.

We had a room like that in our last house. Think we used either extra thick underlay or double underlay. Never noticed it. You could use a bit of filler on the low sides then sand down to take the edge off.

Thanks again for all the comments

The issue with the underlay we have gone for the heat flow under flow which is only 6.1mm thick.

I might do a mixture of both, belt sander it and then filler if needed