Mvhr plenum placement

55 minutes ago, Eric said:

Not above the shower, how about the middle of the ceiling?

Why not? Get rid of the worst condensation where it occurs. Have 2 directly above showers, the other directly above bath.

If it was so important, I would think that the advice about placement in shower rooms would be more visible in the literature. 

In all my reading around this topic I found very little about specific placement in regard to shower cubicles. For the extract plenum the recommendation seems to be to make them as high as possible. 

Although the shower is a significant source of heat and moisture. There are other areas in the bathroom that need moisture to be extracted too. 

I’ve seen some designs, where a branch system is the priority and this means that the placement is more restricted. Ben at House Planning Help podcast, had a professionally designed and installed system and the plenum for his bathroom is above the door on the wall. 

I will be placing my plenums near to the shower cubicle but not directly above. 

Edited by Nick Laslett
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nick Laslett said:

If it was so important, I would think that the advice about placement in shower rooms would be more visible in the literature.

Zehnder mention in their literature that 'Return diffusers or grilles in a bathroom should not be located directly in a shower. However, locating them near the shower is ideal'

...exactly as you are planning :)

• Like 1