Clearview Vision 500

Hi guys. 

I have a question about the above woodburner type.

Despite much searching on the internet I've been unable to find out if it is necessary to clean out the airwash system periodically as I've found the vents above the door are pretty caked up with soot. Do the air passages within the stove get filled with ash too? If so how to clean them?

I'd probably be able to answer the question myself if I knew the internal design/architecture  of the airwash system - ie where the passages are and how they're formed but there seems to be no info available.

Anyone with internal experience of these things able to explain please?

I don't have that particular stove but I am struggling to see how the airways fill up with soot and ash?  They are supplying air into the stove so so no combustion products should be going through them.

soot and ash are very different things...  Soot means you're not really getting the fire hot enough, generally.

/ our Bronpi stove- if you're not careful- can have ash make it's way into the external air pipe underneath the unit if you aren't gentle with the ashpan. But there's no sign of any of that, even light fly-ash, making it's way upwards into the secondary and tertiary circuits.

If you can see the airwash working then it's probably OK - you should be able to see the incoming air influencing the flame.

There's nothing to stop you using a vacuum cleaner with a soft nozzle to suck out anything that's obstructing the flow though.

If you are super careful, you can probably remove the vermiculite panels and see how it all works - but I probably wouldn't bother. If it's not broke etc.

Is there a problem right now or are you just being cautious?