Wet room with Kore slab

usual way is to make a former - you can use scrap EPS - that creates a hole in the slab. 

When the main slab has gone off, break out the EPS and then regrade your falls into that with concrete as needed. You still need to be pretty accurate with the drains though as they need to be roughly correct as you won't have much by way of room to move 

i have seen a form been done before. It was pretty deep full depth of the UFH screed (i think) but I didnt like this idea in a 150mm structural slab, but if only 25mm then i cant see it being a problem.

I contributed to this subject on Ebuild and paste the relevant parts below:

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

The foundation has recently been completed for our MBC house ( the timberframe installation starts on 21 September, Brendan leading the team) and we have a incorporated a wetroom in the ground floor cloakroom.

I attach the details that we worked up and were approved by Hilliard (see the foundation layout), together with a photo which shows the formwork (a piece of EPS) and the soil pipe around which we formed a slot for the drain piping from the linear shower drain to the gulley for the wetform former recess - apologies that it is not great but you should get the idea. What we developed allows us some flexibility for installing the shower drain and the gully in the adjacnet Plant Room.

We selected a ACO former with a liner drain, as it only required 25mm recess in the slab.

Attached Files

#49 Nickfromwales

Short cuts take three times longer.....Fact

• photo-thumb-23654.jpg?_r=1386628166
  • Moderators
  • staff.png
  • 8,182 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

The linear drains look quite stylish too, compared to the regular square grating. This approach is, however, quite dependant on the soil pipe being reasonably local to the shower tray. Did you still go with 50mm / 2" waste pipe from the shower waste ?
Regards, nick.

#50 HerbJ

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:18 PM

Hi Nick
Yes, it should look good and it was done to future proof the cloakroom to provide a wetroom to meet LTH standards. We realised we had to do it properly whilst we were designing and installing the passive slab, as it could never be retrofiitted.

The soil pipe is less than 800mm from the drain outlet and we will install a 50mm waste pipe. The formed slot should give us plenty of flexibility for achieving reasonable fall to the gulley. We looked at various former, shower traps and gullys but this seemed to be the best approach for a reasonably shallow installation without comprising the passive slab. It was realtively easy to achieve using EPS Insulation as the formwork before pouring the slab
Regards, Herb

#51 Nickfromwales

Short cuts take three times longer.....Fact

• photo-thumb-23654.jpg?_r=1386628166
  • Moderators
  • staff.png
  • 8,182 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:19 PM

For others info, Wedi do a side exit integrated waste which I'll post links to after I catch up on some kip.
Regards, Nick.

#52 HerbJ

• default_large.png
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

I attach a better photo of the formwork in the MBC passive slab. I took it this morning when I was getting the scaffolders started for the timberframe erection starting next Monday

Attached Files

I am not sure all the attachment pasted over, so I have attached the key documents.

1528-01 Foundation Plan- REV A.pdf

P1040568.JPG

P1040607.JPG