Hello from the resident Welsh plumber :)

Hello there and welcome, members old and new. 

I'm the top welsh plumber, with a few good tips for you!

My name is Nick ( from Wales ). My background was firstly in electrics, but then I branched off into plumbing as I found it more interesting ( sorry ProDave ). After 18-20 years 'on the tools' I have seen and done just about everything that is pipe related, so I decided to join a discussion forum to share information, help others who have questions to ask, and to gain knowledge myself about the new ( to me ) and strangely niche world that is low energy and passive house technology. 

Many of these disciplines have been around for quite some time, but until around two and a half years ago, where I stumbled upon this forum's predecessor, I'd never even heard of some of the systems, and their benefits, and nor of the simple and sensible ethos of 'fabric first' and the huge rewards possible from installing and utilising such systems ( correctly ). 

My areas of 'expertise' ( I will be learning until I die btw so don't really like the term expert ) include all types of central ( space ) heating ( including underfloor / under-tile ), hot water systems, cold mains pressure boosters / reinforcement, general plumbing, electrics ( in particular heating and hot water systems and controls ), kitchen and bathroom fitting, tiling, and all their associated disciplines. 

Feel free to post in the topics here, and we, collectively, will be able to help and advise accordingly to the best of our knowledge. If we can't advise on it here, it probably hasn't been invented yet :)

Enjoy the the forum, and I look forward to chatting with you. 

Regards, nick. 

• Like 1

Welcome back, I'm really pleased to see some familiar names popping back here.  I've never been sure of Nick's choice of beer, though, when I used to have to drink that stuff when caving there years ago we always called it "feeling foul".............. (you probably have to have a smattering of Welsh to get that one from his avatar)

42 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Hello hot-press boy. 

Wet, cold and does the job. Gower Gold is quite nice too, and it's a Swansea brew. 

5 minutes in and you've corrupted me :D

welcome aboard !

Be honest now how many times have you said hot-press and got a strange look from other mainlanders.

2 hours ago, Declan52 said:

Best place in the world to hide when you're a kid and also Santa likes putting stuff in there.

well your kids have somewhere better to hide!

santa hasn't had to hide anything in our house yet.  Kids still don't know who he is.

That reminds me.  I have a hotpress question for Nick.  I'll start a new thread though!