best UVC/diverter set-up to maximise PV use

I guess comes down to depth/location etc of the borehole. We've survived up until now! How effective are UV sterilisers anyway?

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I guess comes down to depth/location etc of the borehole. We've survived up until now! How effective are UV sterilisers anyway?

I've a borehole, you need treatment and sterilisation. It may not have done you any harm that you know of, but drinking water untreated, and unfiltered could be problematic in the long term heavy metals, high levels of sodium, phosphates etc. 

Get a sample tested, then put in the correct treatment for your supply. As a minimum..get a UV steriliser. Depth and location have no bearing on it really. 

Thanks @SuperJohnG, we regularly test the water and other than a period when we had some iron contamination the stuffs fine! However given that we will shortly be introducing a 300l culture vessel I guess UV might be prudent

On 14/03/2024 at 09:10, JohnMo said:

Not really sure that is actually true. It's the stopping and starting that breaks machinery, steady running doesn't and never has. It's basically the changes in temperature of the moving of parts, breakdown of boundary lubrication as bearing parts start to lift and be supported by lubricant, that what kills mechanical equipment.

I have 10 years experience running my ASHP at work, broken down twice, didn’t get a break, does now…

agree with everything you say though.