Triple glazed vs double glazed. Sound proofing differences?

So we are currently renting a property that has double glazed velux roof lights in the main bedroom.  The only thing that really puts me off, is that when it rains hard it really does keep me awake.   Are triple glazed any better, or is this a problem that you will always face due to the angle of the glass to the direction of the rain?

Just looking at options as our proposed design has the master bedroom upstairs with roof lights, but considering moving the layout so as to get the master bedroom downstaris.

Ours are 3G advertised with rain noise reduction. You can still hear the rain quite clearly. I’ve no idea how much quieter it would be if it was a 2G window. They are very good at keeping other sounds out however. With the vent open I can hear the babbling burn at the bottom of the garden. Close the vent and it’s silent. 

• Like 1

Optimum noise reduction requires bigger gaps between panes, but id say 3G will be better than 2G from the same company. But not necessarily with different suppliers.

If the noise reduction is good then they will publish it.

But you get used to rain noise.

I live in a 3G house thats  right next to our old 2G house.

Exposed to the same noise, with all the windows shut in both houses, the 3G house is quieter. Not much, but noticeably quieter.

The noise of  water running in our metal guttering keeps me awake - it really does sound like a little boy tinkling from the top diving board  into a bowl of water 20 feet below.

Funny at first bit at 3a.m. not so much. I now understand why that lifeguard threw me out of the swimming pool.

Couldn't stand the noise.