New Build: Windows Sequence vs Brickwork

I've a mix of brick and block (with render) in my build. We're measuring the windows off the actual timber frame when its erected. During the 8-10 weeks they'll take to arrive I wanted to get the outer block/brick leaf built and render the blockwork, do soffits, fascia, gutters etc. 

Met the brickie today and he prefers the windows to be installed so they can cosy up the brickwork. That would mean 8-10 weeks of no work though and scaffolding I'll be paying for. I could take it down but is there a middle ground that let's me get the brickwork done in advance before the windows arrive? 

Thanks!

I did it differently, being OCD I wanted only whole and half bricks around openings and bespoke windows, the brickie was told the approx size and place of the windows and ordered the windows afterwards fitted to check reveals (Windows mounted on the inside of the outer brick skin in the insulation zone.)

• Like 1

Make up some formers with 4 x 2 timber cut accurately to your required structural openings on a chopsaw and screwed together.  Square them up and screw a piece of ply over the top corners.  Get you bricklayer to build up to these.

• Like 2

Make sure you get absolutely spot on  dimensions from the window company. Not done a TF myself for years but we used to have to leave a gap top & bottom around the frames to allow for differential settlement between the TF & masonry-worth checking what’s required now as the bricklayer will need that info too. 

• Like 2