New cleaning toy

57 minutes ago, S2D2 said:

I don't understand the price of these things, you could pay a human to do it for about four years for that, how long is the warranty?

Ever employed cleaners ? . Rarely do a good job or turn up . Managed to get this a fair bit cheaper than retail price . Have an S7 upstairs ; does a pretty good job until it finds swmbo’s clothes on the floor ….

Downstairs ; where this s8 will be placed is 100sq m of floor tiling . I ain’t cleaning that . 
Once you have a robot vac then 90% of human vac’ing stops . They aren’t perfect and clearly can’t fit in some tight areas . S8 has seperate water bins for clean and dirty . Also dries the mop . It’s mopping ability ( pressure applied and vibration speed ) has been improved immensely as has object detection ( for avoidance ) .

Unlike a human cleaner ( whom could easily cost a grand a year ) I can shout , swear , curse and kick for my pleasure .

Robot vacs use to be a bit crap I.e novelty value ( strangely enough like people’s perceptions of solar , batteries , ASHP I.e gimmick money )

The s7 imho was the generation I’d class as a proper robot vac .

Not perfect - but good . S8 should exceed that .

Edited by Pocster

3 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

The S7 and S8 I know would have had a right job getting up the stairs.

My local vicar was telling me about visiting old Mrs. Simpson, the straight laced, old widow. When he got there he was greeted by the two Dachshunds, Max and Molly.

In conversation the Vicar asked if she had any problems with them when Molly was in season.

"Oh no, I just put her up stairs then" she replied.

"How does that work?" Asked the Vicar.

Mrs. Simpson replied "Have you ever seen a sausage dog run up stairs with a (expletive deleted)ing hard on"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess I think of a robot vac like a dishwasher . We don’t need a dishwasher - we could do it ourselves or pay someone to do it . It’s a tedious repetitive task so we buy a dishwasher ( 700 ish for decent brand ) . Same with vacing and washing floors .

44 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Am holding out for the roborock q revo to get a UK release. Can get it from Latvia but would rather a cat iron warranty.

Yeah I saw that . Couldn’t see major differences between that and s8 ultra pro ( apart from price ) 

7 minutes ago, ToughButterCup said:

Our Geberit does that. It even has an App (I kid you not) which reminds you to descale it.

Seriously thinking about getting an S8

Check eBay British heart foundation as seller . Ignore advertised price . Ask if they will take an offer …. 👍

19 hours ago, Pocster said:

Yeah I saw that . Couldn’t see major differences between that and s8 ultra pro ( apart from price ) 

The mop function looks much better. With more tiles and hardwood flooring it's more the mop quality I'm looking

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Declan52 said:

The mop function looks much better. With more tiles and hardwood flooring it's more the mop quality I'm looking

Also looking for one with a decent mopping [and removal of dirty water].  We went for matt stone coloured tiles, as everyone else was going with Grey semi gloss ones.  We now know why everyone else went for grey.  Ours look great for the 3 seconds they are clean once cleaned. 

On 23/02/2024 at 16:32, Blooda said:

Also looking for one with a decent mopping [and removal of dirty water].  We went for matt stone coloured tiles, as everyone else was going with Grey semi gloss ones.  We now know why everyone else went for grey.  Ours look great for the 3 seconds they are clean once cleaned. 

A mistake a lot of us have made over the years!!