Just to let everyone know I'd sent my reclaim on 26th Jan. 

They called me two weeks after that to check something, then letter received on Thursday there confirming payout. Mine was quite a large claim £35k, they had taken £1k off but I discussed with them and will send an explanation to resolve - they also might take my PV solar invoice which I'm about to buy on Monday (thought I wasn't doing this for 6 months hence didn't include it) as additional invoice. 

I'll update on that, I'll also attach my excel which I used which should be helpful for others. 

• Like 1

Do you need to show evidence the money for buying stuff has come out of your account? 

Is a proforma invoice ok. I guess with a pro forma invoice there is no way of knowing if you actually bought the goods.

As a business expense a proforma is not a VAT invoice we issue a full VAT  invoice once the proforma is paid, all for the same amount. 
can’t imagine a proforma being accepted for  build VAT reclaim. 

On 17/02/2024 at 23:30, SuperJohnG said:

By post yeah, but additional invoices will be done online. 

To be fair all my invoices were scans or digital receipts 

Out of interest why did you do it by post and not the new online portal?

14 hours ago, Thorfun said:

Out of interest why did you do it by post and not the new online portal?

When I started 3 years ago, that didn't exist. Had I known I would have. I'd pdf'd all the invoices (440 of them)  and printed them off but had to remove some, then realised at the last second it could be done online. Doh. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

~I'm just finalising some paperwork for my completion certificate, so the reclaim will be my next job. good to hear some positive news👍