Warmflow Heat Pump Electric Fast Heating

20 minutes ago, GrantMcscott said:

so should I switch it off then?

Yep. Switch it off, and only turn back on if you're struggling to get the house up to temp and you've tried everything else.

3 hours ago, IanR said:

Yep. Switch it off, and only turn back on if you're struggling to get the house up to temp and you've tried everything else.

It will not let me turn it off unless I go in to factory settings and then can disable it.

If I disable it what about legionnaires.

11 minutes ago, GrantMcscott said:

what about legionnaires.

Do you really need it? I consume most the contents of the cylinder each day, so zero need. If you you take days to consume a cylinder worth if hot water maybe you need it.  Heat Geek have a good write up, worth a read.

54 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

Do you really need it? I consume most the contents of the cylinder each day, so zero need. If you you take days to consume a cylinder worth if hot water maybe you need it.  Heat Geek have a good write up, worth a read.

Good point, will have a look at the post

1 hour ago, GrantMcscott said:

If I disable it what about legionnaires.

Legionella cycle will be handled by the immersion heater in the DHW. The "Electric (Fast) Heating" will be an internal electrical resistance heater within the Heat Pump. The Legionella cycle should be unaffected by disabling the "Electric (Fast) Heating".