What a screw up

14 hours ago, Kelvin said:

It also looks badly scratched in places which shows a general lack of care when installing it. Have you paid for all of it? 

Sadly yes. 

The installers are supposed to the best metal roof installers in Northern Ireland.  A big well known firm that came recommended with a supposedly very good reputation hence I am surprised at the state of the work. 

I am awaiting their reponse to the rusty screws issue.

They are supposed to come back to do some cladding in a few months time.  That might not happen.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Balls. It’s such a letdown when highly recommended companies let you down. While my standing seam roof is well done the flat roof isn’t relative to the rest of the outside. No one else notices it but me but it does annoy me when it could have been better. Hopefully they will resolve without issue. Given you still have the scaffolding up it shouldn’t present them a big problem to fix the issues. 

1 minute ago, Kelvin said:

No one else notices it but me

It is always thus. I see things on old projects that still bug me, but nobody else ever noticed or notices, because they aren't looking. Hypnotism must be the answer.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, saveasteading said:

I see things on old projects that still bug me

Me to.

Back in the 1980s, we manufactured the body kits for the Colt Gallant.  It was pointed out that the pattern work was pretty rough and it looked like the corner of the front bumper/spoiler had already hit a wall.  Colt Cars refused to have it put right and told use to carry on manufacturing.

Every single Gallant I saw my eye was drawn to the front nearside corner.

At the boat show once, I was chatting to the Sunseeker salesman and pointed out that the moulds for their latest models must have been rushed as there was a waviness to them.  I think it was my comment "at half a million quid I would expect better" that pissed him off.  I bet he saw nothing else on every one of their boats after that though.

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Like 2