Classy support equipment now for sale.

We ate now done with the heavy work and have some gently used equipment for sale.

1. These structural jacking posts are vastly superior to acrow props. They have a hydraulic jack so can be used gently and precisely to support or even lift joists etc.

No more bashing the screw with a hammer. Equally importantly they release gently. 

They were barely used as I instructed their pirchase to support a  very dodgy area of the old building, but we knocked it down instead.

Very suitable for self builders. I would not have bought them for a commercial project as they would have disappeared.

2. Plasterboard hoist. For lifting and holding plasterboard  up to 16ft, into place until fixed. 

Can deliver between Inverness and Gloucester  A9 and M6 / M5 when passing in a couple of weeks.

IMG-20240129-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240129-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20240129-WA0011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Square Feet said:

What's the price of these please?

Got an answer from m y son-in law.

Props.  Selling these £500.

the 16ft Plasterboard lifter selling for £250  NB this is much higher than the average lift requirement.

Could potentially deliver them to someone not far from the M74/m6/m5 when we go down south with hired lorry this week.

30 minutes ago, Square Feet said:

A bit out of my league but thanks. I'm sure they are worth it though!

No problem.

The plasterboard lifter is a necessity really. I've done a few ceilings without and it was horrible.

Keep an eye out on Facebook marketplace for a bargain when you need it. A scabby, abused , and lower height one might be all you need.

2 minutes ago, Alan Ambrose said:

the company that sells them is mucking around trying to keep the prices secret now.

Yes, we had to do a fair bit of negotiation. I'm pretty sure we were lucky,( or skilful?) getting an exceptional price.  But who knows?

It's a real person though, and the MD.

To me it was worth it for the control in gently supporting the fragile structure.

They're also more suited to self builders than contractors.

As a contractor I would see these getting  trashed pretty quickly, as the average worker would still throw them about and be impatient with the jack; 7lb hammers being the preferred tool.

Hence they deserve to succeed but probably won't ever be mainstream.

22 hours ago, saveasteading said:

No problem.

The plasterboard lifter is a necessity really. I've done a few ceilings without and it was horrible.

Keep an eye out on Facebook marketplace for a bargain when you need it. A scabby, abused , and lower height one might be all you need.

Thanks yeah. I've no intention of trying to do ceilings without one, but unfortunately a lower one is half the price and that's all I need for now. 

Yup I did ceilings for years without one but borrowed one for my last job and wish I had one years ago, buy one and sell it again with a small or no loss of funds. 👍