Building a septic tank for a static trailer

If you are allowed a septic tank and not a treatment plant like most 

It would be easier to buy a fiberglass or plastic tank Dig a hole and drop it in 

If you build a traditional type tank It will have to be well away from the caravan 

Emptying is simple Tanker Suction hose 

3 hours ago, lord mud of the flyes said:

dont know how a waste managment company would empty it and what kind of equipment they carry

It's a tanker with a variety of hoses so they'll use a wide hose when possible and  narrow one if necessary. They'd want to be within about 20m of the tank.

I have seen a low profile treatment plant designed to slide under the limited space under a static caravan.  I will see if I can find it.

Here it is  https://www.theseptictankstore.co.uk/shop/marsh-portapura-m2-sewage-treatment-plant-2-person/

When you want to move the 'van, get the treatment plant pumped out and you can move that to the new location as well.

20 hours ago, saveasteading said:

It's a tanker with a variety of hoses so they'll use a wide hose when possible and  narrow one if necessary. They'd want to be within about 20m of the tank.

But do they suck out from the top with a vacume cleaning wand type pipe? or from under the tank; if so what couplings do they use?

20 hours ago, ProDave said:

I have seen a low profile treatment plant designed to slide under the limited space under a static caravan.  I will see if I can find it.

Here it is  https://www.theseptictankstore.co.uk/shop/marsh-portapura-m2-sewage-treatment-plant-2-person/

When you want to move the 'van, get the treatment plant pumped out and you can move that to the new location as well.

Sorry but that money is well out of budget!

But there are 3 holes in the top of that tank; what do they do?

Thanks

1 hour ago, lord mud of the flyes said:

Dose that mean it has to be emptied fro the top of the tank and not the bottom?

Normally the top 

Bit messy from the bottom 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lord mud of the flyes said:

Again where is the whole for them to access this?

Yes from the top. No coupler. It is simply an industrial vacuum. Any hole with diameter 15cm or greater will work.

3 hours ago, lord mud of the flyes said:

tank sits under the trailer

There's usually a side cap too. I'm recollecting helping to clean my drains. One of the suction pipes easily went along a 100mm drain, so I think it was about 60mm OD.

10 hours ago, saveasteading said:

There's usually a side cap too. I'm recollecting helping to clean my drains. One of the suction pipes easily went along a 100mm drain, so I think it was about 60mm OD.

This is to be a home build tank. But it would be nice to see a diagram of a tank as you say with a side cap on it.

You say 60mm, is that the hole they would suck the waste from?

2 hours ago, lord mud of the flyes said:

But these no room to fit!

Because you are trying to design it using a big fat round barrel.  There is a reason the one I linked to designed for the job is larger, but a lot flatter.

5 hours ago, ProDave said:

Because you are trying to design it using a big fat round barrel.  There is a reason the one I linked to designed for the job is larger, but a lot flatter.

Even still with one of those tanks; how would I get access to it, if the top was right under the trailer flooring