I can't make the kitchen fit! - Floorplan advice sought.

26 minutes ago, de devil tail said:

image.png.a40324fa3edc38163f6f54ed67cd9217.png

A late night mash up of the design from ETC and other thoughts I have. nothing final but a change in my thought direction.

I did look at some of the pinterest results for Polish contemporary architecture, I found some stunning designs using regular shapes placed on irregular planes, I really appreciate the design and look, but I don't have the courage to commission that as a first time self build.

Make the kitchen dining and living a single volume.

Put the bathroom in the middle of the bedrooms - saves a hike from bedroom 1.

Relocate the stairs and have the second floor above the bedrooms only.

On 19/12/2023 at 15:42, de devil tail said:

I appreciate the input.

Hello there.

What a delight to see your post.

On 19/12/2023 at 15:42, de devil tail said:

Here is our brief.

I can see you have out a lot of work into your post so thank you for that.

My first question is can you show us some pictures of the views you have from the site. If you do then post and mark them so we know which way we are looking.

Next would be.. do you know what other folk find cost effective in Latvia. Clay is clay but methods of construction are often driven by labour cost and available local materials. For example I think you have access to better quality timber than we do in the UK. Can you give us some tips on the things that are critical to your design?

As a first glance your design seems like it needs a bit more work. But unless you can tell us more about where you live and so on I don't think you will get the best value out of Build Hub.

On 24/12/2023 at 02:50, Gus Potter said:

Hello there.

What a delight to see your post.

I can see you have out a lot of work into your post so thank you for that.

My first question is can you show us some pictures of the views you have from the site. If you do then post and mark them so we know which way we are looking.

Next would be.. do you know what other folk find cost effective in Latvia. Clay is clay but methods of construction are often driven by labour cost and available local materials. For example I think you have access to better quality timber than we do in the UK. Can you give us some tips on the things that are critical to your design?

As a first glance your design seems like it needs a bit more work. But unless you can tell us more about where you live and so on I don't think you will get the best value out of Build Hub.

Hi Gus,

Here are some views of the place.

1. Aerial view

2. View to East

3, View to North

4. View to South

Light concrete blocks, external expanded polestyrene boards for insulation, a cut roof, Is the what I see on the local builds, typically a raft faoundation also.

Important aspects:

Costs - getting a good value living space.

Making a comfortable living space that is adaptable to life as the family grows up.

A cheap to run and easy to maintain house, so we can enjoy other things in life.

Ariel view.jpg

East view across garden.jpg

North view.jpg

South view 2.jpg

Edited by de devil tail
Photo order labelling, spelling