Bridging unit

Pocster

Got one of these to go over the fridge freezer . The fittings are these hooks with very limited movement . I’m tight to the ceiling - so it all feels a bit awkward to use . Any suggestions ? . Prefer a completely different method to these - just placing the plate precisely will be a nightmare . Got to pack off the wall substantially also …

IMG_8926.jpeg

IMG_8927.jpeg

Edited by Pocster

Ooh, I don’t like those (Howdens use better ones IMO)

11 minutes ago, Pocster said:

Got to pack off the wall substantially

Why (building that far out of square ? 🤣)

pack out the wall as much as you need, crayon the edge of that hook, push the cabinet onto the packing and should leave a mark where you need to mount it. 🤞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Ooh, I don’t like those (Howdens use better ones IMO)

Why (building that far out of square ? 🤣)

pack out the wall as much as you need, crayon the edge of that hook, push the cabinet onto the packing and should leave a mark where you need to mount it. 🤞

Because I had to push the units along ( out from the wall ) just so the tap clears the window on the adjacent run 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

But those hooks are sh1te (IMO) and I have fitted many kitchens 🖕

Lol - I agree !

What do you think of my real bracket solution ?

bridge unit is 100cm long

fridge freezer 91cm

Each bracket 2.5cm wide 

so it would fit !

Also means I can pack off the bracket to get the correct height .

Bodge or good plan ?  

I think my plans a goer !

Makes getting it up on the wall - levelling it etc easy 

If brackets are visible then why the (expletive deleted) are you looking down the side of my freezer !?

Equally if they are visible a bit of black trim can hide it all .

Then the bridge unit is on brackets and screwed to the vertical units either side .

A beautiful solution by a beautiful stud !

Once the bridge unit is screwed to the adjacent tall units it won't need much more support.

Our last kitchen had shallow cupboards as the bridge (to give the FF plenty of ventilation so were nowhere near the wall and were only supported by the adjacent units.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Once the bridge unit is screwed to the adjacent tall units it won't need much more support.

Our last kitchen had shallow cupboards as the bridge (to give the FF plenty of ventilation so were nowhere near the wall and were only supported by the adjacent units.

Yeah I think this also . Just prefer it to have some support and not depend on just the vertical units either side 

With the bridge unit off the wall fit two battens to pack out to the correct depth at the back. Position where you want it, screw it into adjacent cabinets then sds drill through the back of the cabinets, through the batten and concrete screw to the (hopefully brick/block) wall, fit screw cap if needed

8 hours ago, Pocster said:

Just prefer it to have some support and not depend on just the vertical units either side 

Are you using proper cabinet fixing bolts rather than screws to fix to side cabinets? https://www.screwfix.com/p/inter-screws-m4-x-10-pack

4 hours ago, bassanclan said:

With the bridge unit off the wall fit two battens to pack out to the correct depth at the back. Position where you want it, screw it into adjacent cabinets then sds drill through the back of the cabinets, through the batten and concrete screw to the (hopefully brick/block) wall, fit screw cap if needed

But cabinet backs are usually thin, non supporting “board”, are yours solid Wood @Pocster ? The Proper brackets fix to cabinet side member,s.

frankly if the cabinets either side are fixed to the wall then supporting a bridge unit from them is suffice. (IMO)

• Like 1