Another small step documented in my blog

A new entry in my blog at http://www.willowburn.net/ documents the plasterboarding of most of the upstairs Look for the entry called "Plasterboarding upstairs" (i'll bet you would never have guessed that)

It's actually a very short entry for what has been well over a months (part time) work with just me and Kathy fitting all the boards.

What was good though with all those angles, is how easy it was to find a home for the offcut. Some people talk of filling a whole skip with plasterboard offcuts. I doubt all my offcuts added together equate to more than 1 sheet.

That's pretty good going tbh, and some complex angles to meet. Less than one sheet of waste makes you a hero :)

I was quite taken aback when a QS once told me to reduce the PB waste removal by filling up some of the stud spaces, with the offcuts and the 50mm of rock wool sharing the same 100mm void with each other :/

Costs a fortune to get rid of these days too. :( 

Because I have not yet finished, NONE of my offcuts have yet been disposed of, you never know where they might come in handy.  They are free to dispose of but I won't mention how.

I think my key tip to being eficcient is not to be in a hurry. Two examples, when you get an offcut, take a walk around and see if there is somewhere it would fit with only minor trimming, if so put it there for when you get there.  Likewise if you come to a small piece needed and don't have one, do NOT cut it from a full sheet. Leave it. Sooner or later an offcut of the right size will tuen up and you then go back and fit the mising piece.

The MVHR connects to the input and exhaust ducts, and the plenum boxes with some large semi flexible aluminium insulated duct that was left over from when my plumber friend installed his. Here is a picture

mvhr13.thumb.jpg.a133cb3526f5c779c974b5ebb461f38a.jpg

mvhr14.thumb.jpg.bc4e485e8a38a20a702bc46508c2b8e6.jpg

The external insulation is 100mm thick Pavatex (other makes are available) wood fibre board and rendered with the Baumit.com render system