Brise Soleil

Hi - has anyone installed Brise Soleil and found any good companies to deal with? Looking to get the Structural Engineer engaged shortly regarding mounting but need to select a specific product to get weights / mounting templates etc - I'm building Timber Frame with 50mm cavity and brick/block outer leaf. Thanks! 

I’ve not but I did look in to them and opted for external blinds instead. 

We have a timber frame house and my concern was fixing to the structure without introducing a significant cold bridge, the alternative as I saw it was fixing them abutting the house but with their own independent structural solution. I decided that was too difficult so went for the external blinds which you can get move out of the way if the conditions dictate but a Brise Soleil is for life. Look nice though, but so do my blinds imho. 

We have gone external blinds as well on our south patio doors (5m)  Our Architect designed  veranda / brise soleil  ‘unconnected’ to the timber frame.  We did some thermal / overheating modelling for Part O on a 1m or 2m veranda and still overheated in the shoulder months, so went for external blinds instead. 

No recommendations, but we had a large (6x2m) shade specified. I priced round a few online aluminium manufacturers. Prices were all in the £5-6k range for supply only. We could have had something made locally from steel, but would have needed substantial fixings that were not considered when designing the wall (basically a set of narrow concrete columns housing the 5m wide windows).

Instead we winged it, extended the fat roof above by 600mm, and so far no overheating issues.

There are definitely more elegant, smarter, practical and cheaper ways to keep heat out.