Rendering etc. with waterproof membrane… what to do

My immediate neighbour has had their coal cellar (those were the days) ‘tanked’. This all done many years ago, the co. now not trading. So I would like the terms by which this can be described; is it tanking w/ a water barrier , rendering with an admixture, gunerable cement that I can see that it is brushed with a coir brush but has no membrane since it is a little bit spoilt with water ingress.

So, all my searches have come to nil. Other than Newton CDM which I have used more than 20 years ago.

The work, 20 odd bricks to be added to the reveals, a thin 40mm concrete load bearing lintel, say 1000mm x 150mm x 40mm. The waterproofer, render and an oak frame door set or better.

Where can I order such a lintel?

Thank you in advance,

John 

IMG_1187 door.jpg

IMG_1188 cement walls.JPG

IMG_1189 40mm lintel .jpg

IMG_1190 door open .jpg

IMG_1191 brush render.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I have now moved onto our own cc and a photo shows what I am up against. Not enough yellow stocks from the 1820's. But I can get over that with reds and render. I'm cleaning the bricks in two parts they are so friable and breaking into two. CP1 clear as made some hidden repairs.

Initial cleaning, then lime bedding the bricks and then a final cleaning in the summer.  Final joint work soon. No new painting!,

I am asking for advice as to where to place the first horizontal DPC band. Would it be between the 1st course and the pre-stressed lintel, or underneath the lintel where I will be putting the 2 vertical DPC bands for the timber frame and door. 

The detailing is tight. Behind the frame former the ghosted arch of the vault can be seen in the Left Hand corner. This shows that little or no continuity of the DPC further back to the 2nd course of brickwork.

Thanks in anticipation, John

IMG_1221.jpg