Everything becomes an hmo

Pocster

https://thebristolcable.org/2023/08/bristol-city-council-launch-consultation-expanding-landlord-licensing/#:~:text=What exactly are the proposals,more occupants from different households.

Got to love the council - milking for cash . 2 unrelated people in a flat becomes a hmo and therefore of course subject to a fee .

’unrelated’ ? A married couple is ok ? . A couple not married needs a hmo license ?

Guess I take singles only . What a joke !

And then the councils and the government wonder why landlords are quitting that business and there is a shortage of rental properties and rents are rising.

Just the latest in  a long line of "changes" chipping away at the viability and desirability of being a landlord.

Milk the cash cow too hard and the cow goes away.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ProDave said:

And then the councils and the government wonder why landlords are quitting that business and there is a shortage of rental properties and rents are rising.

Just the latest in  a long line of "changes" chipping away at the viability and desirability of being a landlord.

Milk the cash cow too hard and the cow goes away.

Couldn’t agree more . Of course the justification is better quality rentals once they’ve been inspected . Bristol is running about 2 yrs behind on this and the ‘inspection’ takes a good 20 mins . Value for money 🫤

1 minute ago, ToughButterCup said:

Price of milk has just dropped 16p per litre ( to the farmer ) 

I think milk the cow too hard you kill the cow . A few years ago advertising a room would get me 30 emails or so a day - more than enough . Now it’s over 300 . Ridiculous!