Pre plaster inspection

9 minutes ago, nod said:

Had pre plaster inspection done today 

So can push on with the boarding 

350 boards arriving Wednesday So early night on Tuesday 😁

What was actually inspected, And why ?

By BC inspector came and looked at my roof trusses and said he didn’t need to inspect anything else other than the drains, as all the structural stuff is done 

52 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

What was actually inspected, And why ?

By BC inspector came and looked at my roof trusses and said he didn’t need to inspect anything else other than the drains, as all the structural stuff is done 

Mainly plumbing electrical everything in fans ducting insulation and everything is sealed up To late one e I’ve done the boarding and plastering 

37 minutes ago, ProDave said:

It seems to vary a lot.  BC inspected my wind and watertight shell.  I asked when was the next inspection and they said "completion"

Wow

My site work is always being held up by pre plaster 

13 minutes ago, TonyT said:

BC inspected my foundation excavation and then came back when the build was finished to do the completion certificate 

Got to love councils that can’t be arsed 

Fourth one for me 

Same last time 

Preston BC are excellent 

Slightly off topic 

I e been suprised by the amount of care LABC Warranty have taken 

Half the price of Protec 7 visits Looked at everything 

Our previous made 3 visisits Inspected the foundations from his car Roof from the ground 

Ten minutes in out kitchen for the final inspection 

• Like 1

It’s interesting how it varies. Pre plasterboarding makes sense to me. Check how badly the insulation has been fitted. It was laughable on a job I was on recently. 

I’ve never heard or seen a BCO checking electrics at any stage. None of them have a clue whatsoever. Perhaps building regs side - part M or holes in joists etc. 

1 hour ago, Mattg4321 said:

It’s interesting how it varies. Pre plasterboarding makes sense to me. Check how badly the insulation has been fitted. It was laughable on a job I was on recently. 

I’ve never heard or seen a BCO checking electrics at any stage. None of them have a clue whatsoever. Perhaps building regs side - part M or holes in joists etc. 

they don’t so much check electrics It more holes bashed through 

I’ve four sites that I’m doing the dry lining on and BC won’t let us load them up before they have been inspected 

They regularly fail them on sealing up wall restraints membranes and insulation Fire stops is another that is often pulled 

Once they are boarded out Most inspections are pretty pointless