TRV's lifespan?

The problem system has a leaking TRV in bedroom1 and in the bathroom the radiator is no longer heating up which also has TRV. 

The TRV’s are the same age as the radiators i.e. 28 years old.  New boiler put into the system 6 years ago.

Wondering if one TRV needs to be replaced does the whole system need to be drained? If so maybe replacing all the TRV valves in the system would be wise?

44 minutes ago, DundeeDancer said:

maybe replacing all the TRV valves in the system would be wise?

That sounds like a good idea, draining down will also give you a chance to flush the system, new inhibitor and peace of mind with new TRV,s. Re balance the system, consider it like getting your car serviced.

• Like 1

CH systems collect sludge in bottom of rads and valves etc. open up all valves fully and flush system till water runs clear .. during this go around knocking bottom of rads with your fist or rubber mallet etc. to dislodge the sludge. You will be amazed how much comes out and the improvement it makes. While system is empty, change any valves that are suspect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SimonD said:

If you do replace all your trvs I'd recommend seriously considering self balancing replacements. They're a dream to get the system balanced and working properly.

I forget all this modern technology! I will look at these on my next job.

6 hours ago, SimonD said:

If you do replace all your trvs I'd recommend seriously considering self balancing replacements. They're a dream to get the system balanced and working properly.

They look like Drayton Lifestyle, in a rental flat so not so easy to check. 🙂