Swa cable under block and beam ?

Big Jimbo

Main electrics are going in detached garage. I'm going to need a sub main run to the main house. Going between the garage and the house, I will bury it 450 to 600mm deep. Once inside the house can I lay it across the ground to the other side of the building, under the block and beam,  or do I need to bury it. Thanks

Well it’s meant to be adequately supported it’s entire length, so if it was in a duct it would supported, if it’s laying on the floor it’s the same but the reg warriors would say it’s needs clipped every xxx cm.

I wouldn’t worry about it

• Like 1

So long as there isn't the opportunity for movement in it is not a huge deal.. Provided you don't have a history of badgers or similar in the area, they can make a real mess of cables on the ground

Make sure it's thoroughly fixed at each end and I don't just mean a tight cable gland. If there's the potential for it to be yanked or stood on, you don't want it being pulled out of its terminals. 

I saw a sweeping bend of swa rip out of a DB because a labourer was bumping over it with a wheelbarrow of concrete.. Doesn't take much to cause a problem if its not fixed properly

• Like 1