Which 3d printer ?

2 minutes ago, Pocster said:

When do you know when to take the object off the plate ? I.e cool enough to be solid but not cool enough to stick to plate ? . Otherwise be re taping every job ! ( watched a video with Kapon , detergent underneath , float tape on , push water out , heat it ) 

I take mine off as soon as the cooldown procedure is finished on the Ultimaker but it's basically as soon as you can touch the bed without losing finger prints...

Sometimes they just pop off, most times I use a Stanley blade as a lever and once the vacuum is broken it lifts away.

• Thanks 1

In theory the bed and workpiece cool down and contract at different rates. As the bed cools you might hear a light cracking sound as the workpiece detaches. The Anycubic Ultrabase is really good for this with no extra adhesion promoter required. It's Teflon or similar coated. 

One reason for getting the borosilicate glass top was so that we can use other adhesion promoters, tapes etc and lever, use a sharpened scraper etc to encourage things to come off. All without damaging the Ultrabase. If printing a run of PLA the glass comes off. 

Sometimes it's easier to print and let the workpiece cool fully. Then heat the bed up so the bottom layer softens a bit and you can pull it off. PETG tends to stick really well.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Spaghetti Detective app allows you to keep a constant camera eye on your print and messages you if it goes awry. 

Even with a camera I’m going to sit there and watch the the thing print . Unfortunately I’ve just had confirmation of kitchen delivery . I think SWMBO might prioritise that 🫤

3 hours ago, Pocster said:

Even with a camera I’m going to sit there and watch the the thing print . Unfortunately I’ve just had confirmation of kitchen delivery . I think SWMBO might prioritise that 🫤

So use your imagination! "Lose" some insignificant plastic kitchen bits, blame it on the supplier then suddenly realise you can print them.

Go for the double and tell her how you've been on the phone giving them what for and they're sending new bits out etc.

@Pocster's gonna get some!

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

So use your imagination! "Lose" some insignificant plastic kitchen bits, blame it on the supplier then suddenly realise you can print them.

Go for the double and tell her how you've been on the phone giving them what for and they're sending new bits out etc.

@Pocster's gonna get some!

Erm , not sure what I’m gonna get - but a bad feeling I won’t like it !

4 hours ago, Pocster said:

I win! ours was delivered last week and fitting should be finished next week.

Emailed Bambu a few questions over a week ago - no reply .

That’s my basic test for checking any company - can’t be arsed to respond then you ain’t having my cash .

Looking at gashforge now . Via Amazon as then easy to return if need be ….

1 minute ago, Onoff said:

If you'd have bought this and some black TPU you'd have had a happy wife by now:

https://store.creality.com/uk/products/ender-3-v2-3d-printer?

I did buy it . Sent it back . I see lots of poor reviews for creality stuff . I’m going to avoid this brand . Wife very happy after last nights performance.

Been watching and reading SO many 3d printer reviews . Always comes back to the Bambu p1s to beat . Emailed them again ( different address ) ; got an open ticket response - hopefully a human response will convince me !

Edited by Pocster