Finishing a parapet wall

goodbyegti

For interest, here is my parapet. The silver flashing tape is temporary and will be replaced with lead. The wall is 100mm thermal block, 90mm phenolic board, 25mm surecav, 125mm stone. I have a GRP roof (2 x 450gsm) which comes up one side of the parapet. There is a cavity tray so far, formed from a DPC. The stone masons did something crazy with the weep vents, but seem to work well enough. They also ordered the wrong size coping stones, so I need some wider ones.

PXL_20231008_153939547.jpg

I am also interested to know how the discs that show through your GRP can be avoided. I have 18 mm ply on firings then 200 mm PIR then 18 mm OSB3 on the top. I am toying with the idea of GRP over EPDM due to having a roof lantern. The finish on yours is what I'm after rather than pigs ears on the EPDM. 

4 hours ago, Canski said:

I am also interested to know how the discs that show through your GRP can be avoided. I have 18 mm ply on firings then 200 mm PIR then 18 mm OSB3 on the top. I am toying with the idea of GRP over EPDM due to having a roof lantern. The finish on yours is what I'm after rather than pigs ears on the EPDM. 

I guess you could glue the ply/pir/osb sandwhich together. Not sure I would want to try it!