Vaulted Ceiling Extract Position

2 hours ago, MikeSharp01 said:

I suppose that the higher the better would suit lighter than air gases, which most constituents of farts are - so they do some of the work for you if you see what I mean.O.o JS Harris had a an extract directly into his WC bowl via the cistern IIRC.

I’ve had to put ours at 1500 on the wall As designed 

Not ideal But preferable to long runs of ducting 

I thought there would be a minimum height But BC stated High as possible 

Thanks for the replies, I did consider a dmev but I really didn’t want roof penetrations and the brick wall backs onto the stairs. 
I do have another bathroom that I will

probably use a dmev fan for as the duct run back to the MeV will be double the rest of the runs. 

Ignore the layout on the drawings, on the picture the shower is going where the scaffold board is, toilet is the ladder and sink is the hop up step. 
The red dot is where I’m thinking of putting the extract valve as the void behind is perfect with the MEV unit on the other side of the brick wall behind it. 
I could get some flat 51 duct and go further up the ceiling but I’d be compromising the insulation. I guess if it doesn’t work too well we can just open the massive Velux to clear the moisture! 
Maybe I'm just overthinking the whole thing! 

IMG_3977.png

IMG_3748.jpeg

A small duct won't compromise your insulation much and allow you to get to the highest point. You have a lot of volume in the room above your proposed valve location so I would go higher. Where we have compromised the insulation we have upped the spec of the insulation in that area. So adding some PU, the main is blown cellulose, in that area to get back to similar spec.