Pi 5 !

Pocster

I've deployed a load of pi3 at work running my PHP/mysql data input system on chromium to feed our ERP and production planning system.  I think this PI 5 might just be overkill!  Good to see the price is still attainable and hopefully they have a good production run so plenty of stock available.

• Like 2

I picked up a Pi4 thinking I'd use it to log data from the house. I was particularly interested in when the heating turned on and for how long (I suspect it short cycles when only one zone calls for heat). Haven't got around to even turning it on yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2023 at 10:41, Sparrowhawk said:

When the Pi 4 prices increased I got a second hand one of these https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/p/desktops/thinkcentre/m-series-tiny/m900-tiny/11tc1mtm900 off the bay for less than the price of a Pi. It's been superb and unless I needed a Pi for an IoT device I don't see any reason to go back.

I use an old Lenovo laptop for the same purpose, though I did add extra 4GB ram and replaced the HDD with SSD (l moved the old HDD to external to use as a backup device).  The advantage of the closed laptop is that it has built-in UPS.  I run Proxmox which hosts a Home Assistant VM and 6 LXC containers.

I still use an RPi3 for my CH, DHW and temperature logging system.  This is configured as a headless NodeRED system.  My 2 RPi4s are currently unused, so whilst I am interested in the RPi5, I don't have a use for one currently.

Edited by TerryE